|ISU DI Virtual Open House
||Live Webinar was Wednesday, July 3, 2013
from 3 - 3:45 pm CST
Please join us to learn about the program. Information will be provided that describes the program.
This webinar also discusses the NEW ONLINE application process.
Listen to recorded webinar now: ISU DI Virtual Open House *
*Can’t play the media? Download the GoToMeeting codec: http://www.gotomeeting.com/codec
The Iowa State University (ISU) Dietetics Internship (DI) is accredited by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND). It is a full-time, fast-paced, 25-week distance program offering at least 1200 hours of supervised practice in medical nutrition therapy, community nutrition, and foodservice management with a concentration area in health promotion and technology.
The ISU Dietetics Internship offers four locations:
- Iowa-based location. All supervised practice is completed within the state of Iowa or surrounding states. ISU faculty arrange preceptors and schedule.
- Nationwide location. The intern selects preceptors and facilities in his or her geographic area.
- Iowa-based with international location. ISU faculty arrange preceptors and schedule. The first 1000 hours of medical nutrition therapy (MNT) and management dietetics (FSM) and are located in the U.S. The 200-hour community rotation takes place in Ghana Africa.
- Nationwide with international location. The intern selects preceptors and facilities in his or her geographic area. The first 1000 hours of medical nutrition therapy (MNT) and management dietetics (FSM) and are located in the U.S. The 200-hour community rotation takes place in Ghana Africa.
Any qualified applicant may apply to one or more locations.
About the program
- Number accepted. The ISU Dietetics Internship program accepts up to 60 interns per session, or 120 interns per year.
- Accreditation. The program meets the 2012 ACEND competencies and is accredited through 2018.
- Prior assessed learning. If you have significant relevant work or life experiences, you may qualify for prior assessed learning credit for portions of the internship.
- More details. Detailed information about program requirements, admission guidelines, the selection process, and application checklists can be found in the How to Apply section.
Follow us and get connected
Follow us on Facebook
Join our LinkedIn Group: Iowa State University Dietetics Internship Alumni and Friends