- We accept up to 80 interns per class or 160 total per year.
- Apply to the fall DICAS match for our January class which runs from early January to the end of June.
- Apply to the spring DICAS match for our June class which runs from early June to the end of November.
- Set up your supervised practice wherever you choose - where you are already established or where you’d ultimately like to work.
- Every class starts with a one-week, required Professional Skills Workshop in Ames, Iowa.
- Choose an optional international rotation in Ghana, Africa or Paris, France.
By the numbers
- Historically, 95 percent or more interns successfully complete the program and around 90 percent pass the exam.
- Of the interns who responded to a survey, 99 percent had found employment in dietetics within 12 months of completion.
- Find details about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information in Iowa State’s Gainful Employment section.
Previous work experience
If you have significant, relevant work or life experiences, you may qualify for Prior Assessed Learning (PAL) credit for portions of the internship.