The ISU Dietetics Internship faculty and staff appreciate your willingness to serve as an Iowa State preceptor and are offering a free, one CPE online preceptor training that is available to you!
Free ISU Preceptor Training
This training covers an overview of our program including various internship locations, Blackboard Learn, rotations, schedules, and precepting tips. Please share this with preceptors at your facility.
The training takes approximately one hour to complete. There are a few short videos to watch, a place for comments/questions throughout, and a survey and CPE certificate at the end. This program is one CPE and is offered free to all ISU preceptors.
Begin the training at the ISU Online Preceptor Training site.
Additional Free CPE Programs
- Update on Oncology Nutrition Guidelines – ISU
- Nutrition Assessment: Malnutrition and Nutrition-Focused Physical Examination (NFPE) Training – ISU
- Earn eight (8) free CPE hours CDR by completing the CDR Online Dietetics Preceptor Training Course Topics Include:
- Preparing for your role as a preceptor
- Planning for student learning
- Facilitating student learning
- Assessing student learning
- Communicating effectively
- Keeping current