The ISU Dietetic Internship faculty and staff appreciate your willingness to serve as an Iowa State preceptor and are offering a free, one CPE online preceptor training that is available to you!
Free ISU Preceptor Training
This training covers an overview of our program including various internship locations, Blackboard Learn, rotations, schedules, and precepting tips. Please share this with preceptors at your facility.
The training takes approximately one hour to complete. There are a few short videos to watch, a place for comments/questions throughout, and a survey and CPE certificate at the end. This program is one CPE and is offered free to all ISU preceptors.
Begin the training at the ISU Online Preceptor Training site.
Additional Free CPE Programs
- Nutrition Assessment: Malnutrition and Nutrition-Focused Physical Examination (NFPE) Training - ISU
- Earn eight (8) free CPE hours CDR by completing the CDR Online Dietetics Preceptor Training Course Topics Include:
- Preparing for your role as a preceptor
- Planning for student learning
- Facilitating student learning
- Assessing student learning
- Communicating effectively
- Keeping current
- Clean Label webinars (new March 2018)
Earn CPEs for being a preceptor
By serving as a preceptor you are eligible for up to 3 CPEU per year in the Leadership category (15 CPEU per 5 yr cycle). You may begin logging CPE credit for precepting hours accrued after June 1, 2017. To receive credit for precepting ISU interns, you must use this link to receive a signed form for your records: