Caroline G. was one of the presenters along with MPPD Faculty Mridul Datta and Erin Bergquist at the Nutrition and Dietetics Educators and Practitioners Annual meeting in Omaha, NE on IDEA’s from the field: Lessons learned to advance cultural competence
- College of Human Sciences
- Elise E., Brandi G., Blake M., Ashlyn A., Candace N., Delaney E.
- Pearson Scholarship: Caroline G., Gina C.
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation Scholarships
- Madaline B.
- Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition Scholarships
- Ardath A. Johnson Graduate Studies Endowment: Heidi F.
- Schroeder Scott Family Endowed Scholarship: Caitlyn C.
- Phyllis Bennett Hans Graduate Scholarship: Morgan C., Theresa J., Camille T., Mengyao W.
- Helen Reilly Cahill Scholarships: Abby C., Caitlyn C., Morgan C., Pitchaya P.
Our program and award-winning Clinical faculty have been recognized through numerous professional awards and achievements. These select accomplishments that reflect professional leadership and engagement are reflected in our program content and demonstrates our commitment to provide the highest quality experience for future registered dietitian nutritionists.
Erin Hinderaker was elected as the President-Elect of the Iowa Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, effective June 1, 2023.
- Mridul Datta, received the College of Human Sciences Inclusive Excellence Award
- Nicole Tramp, received the College of Human Sciences Online Teaching Award
- Maren Wolff, received the College of Human Sciences Early Achievement in Teaching Awards
Mridul Datta was invited to the Nutrition and Dietetics Educators and Practitioners Annual meeting in Omaha, NE to present on Inclusion, diversity, equity, and access: An ethical responsibility.
Mridul Datta, Erin Bergquist and student Caroline G. were invited to the Nutrition and Dietetics Educators and Practitioners Annual meeting in Omaha, NE to present on IDEA’s from the field: Lessons learned to advance cultural competence.
Mridul Datta, was appointed Vice-Chair of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access Committee (2022-2023). She will serve as the Chair of this committee in 2023-2024.
Nicole Tramp, selected as the Outstanding Dietetics Educator in the West Central Region of the Nutrition and Dietetics Educators and Practitioners group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Master of Professional Practice in Dietetics recognized as a Champion Pilot site for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Nutrition in Food Retail Curriculum
Mridul Datta was invited to join the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access Committee
Alison Kirwen achieved Quality Matters Online Teaching Certificate
Mridul Datta elected Chair of the Oncology Dietetics Practice Group
Erin Bergquist named Chair of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Council on Future Practice
Mridul Datta, Alison St. Germain, and Erin Bergquist achieved Quality Matters Online Teaching Certificates
Erin Bergquist recognized by the College of Human Sciences for the Term Faculty Distinguished Service Award
Alison St. Germain, 2019 Medallion Award Winner, Iowa Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, for her exceptional leadership and outstanding contributions to the dietetics profession.
The Iowa State Dietetic Internship hosted German dietetic student Nathalie Neumann as part of the Wimpfheimer-Guggenheim Global Nutrition Exchange, a pilot grant organized through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation and funded by Alice A. Wimpfheimer, MS, RDN, CDN. Read more about Neumann’s visit.
Erin Bergquist, associate professor of teaching, was featured in the Iowa State University news for her work with sustainability in a partnership with Priyanka Jayashankar, adjunct assistant professor of management in the Ivy School of Business and Seed Science Center.