Visit the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND®) and Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS) webpages for information about your responsibilities as the ISU DI (Dietetics Internship) program applicant:
Deadline dates are listed on the timeframe and deadlines page.
Complete the ISU DI online application
This must be completed in one sitting; it’s not possible to save your work and continue later. Everything listed below can be done at the registration site.
- Submit the application fee electronically – $75 non-refundable fee for each program selected
- Include your DICAS ID#
- Upload materials as required by your location (commitment letters, essay, etc)
- Iowa-based – no additional materials required
- Nationwide – include your completed rotation schedule and a commitment letter from each of your preceptors (a short statement from them to you confirming the dates they are willing to work with you)
- International – appropriate essay and Nationwide materials if needed
- Indicate your location selection and be sure this matches with the other two steps
Our process will generate automatic replies confirming receipt of your materials; therefore, the ISU DI will not reply to any requests for such verification.
In the event you are not selected for entrance in this internship program, application materials will not be returned.