Iowa State University dietetics interns are full-time Iowa State University graduate students and are eligible for any applicable financial aid and/or loan deferment. Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be eligible for Federal Direct Stafford Loans. For more information, see the ISU Office of Student Financial Aid and the Financial Aid Information document (PDF).
Tuition and fees
All tuition and fees listed below are subject to change without notice.
Interns are enrolled as full-time graduate students thus complete a total of 14 graduate credits. All interns complete a Summer semester and either a Spring or Fall semester.
You are encouraged to contact Iowa State for current tuition and fees or visit the Office of the Registrar: Distance Education.
There is no stipend with the program and the intern should plan for the following expenses:
Iowa State tuition and fees
Tuition is charged at the same rate for both resident and non-resident interns. Course fees cover the costs related to program services including accreditation and certifications.
(This is an approximate total for 14 graduate credits.)
Spring or Fall semester tuition (9 graduate credits) – $5331
- Approximately $4239 (calculated $471 per credit x 9 credits)
- Course delivery fees – $1000 (calculated: $100 per credit x 9 credits + $100 college costs)
- Computer fee – $92
Summer semester tuition (5 graduate credits) – $2997
- Approximately $2355 (calculated $471 per credit x 5 credits)
- Course delivery fees – $550 (calculated: $100 per credit x 5 credits + $50 college costs)
- Computer fee – $92
Total ISU tuition and fees – $8328
- The computer fee is charged to all Iowa State students and interns regardless of on- or off-campus designation. This fee is used to support the computer infrastructure within the university.
- An optional activity fee (approximately $250) allows you to purchase tickets to certain Iowa State cultural and athletic events at student prices and use recreational and other services on campus.
- Course delivery fees include program costs and a College of Human Sciences surcharge on all distance education courses.
- Iowa State University may increase rates at any time. See the Iowa State tuition website for details.
- Fees for Prior Assessed Learning (PAL) credits are identical to that of the course fees and tuition.